We've been heads down cranking out great new drips on some of your favorite languages. Checkout what you might have missed over the last couple of months!
- PCM Audio - video - Generating PCM Audio and making some noise
- Implementing Logo, Part 1 - video - Implementing the Logo graphical programming language in Elixir with wxWidgets. In this episode we just implement the underlying GenServer.
- Continuous Integration - video - Using Semaphore CI to automatically test a Phoenix application each time we push new code.
- Phoenix and Elm - video - Using
elm-brunch to wire your Elm application into Phoenix's default build pipeline.
- Bamboo Email - video - A library from Thoughtbot that makes it easy to send emails that is testable, composable, and adapter-based.
HTML & CSS
- Introduction to Sidekiq - A basic introduction and overview of the Sidekiq background processing system.
- Installation and First Job - video - Installing Sidekiq and writing and executing your first job.
- Serialization of Arguments - video - Considerations for data types used in arguments in your workers.
- Error Handling - video - A discussion of Sidekiq's retry process, exception monitoring, and idempotence.
- Signal Handling - video - Interacting with your Sidekiq worker processes via UNIX signals.
- Deployment - video - Deploying a Rails app to Heroku that uses Sidekiq for background processing.
- API - video - Diving into Sidekiq's Ruby API.
- Sidekiq Pro: Reliability and Pausing Queues - video - Exploring what can go wrong with Sidekiq when workers die unceremoniously and how Sidekiq Pro resolves the issue. Also, examining the ability to pause queues.
- Sidekiq Pro: Batches and Callbacks - video - Creating batches of jobs that can be monitored as a group, and having callbacks run when the batch is complete.
Free Weekly Link Roundups
covering the coolest and most important topical news of the week
- Elm Weekly Drip #1 - A list of useful introductory links when early on your path to learn Elm.
- Elm Weekly Drip #2 - Must-see links per the elm-lang slack channel and found via the Mailing List.
- Elm Weekly Drip #3 - A collection of links from the ML, Slack, and the internet in general. A video by Richard Feldman, a way to find new Elm libraries, and dealing with CSS/HTML Animations in Elm, and more!
- Elm Weekly Drip #4 - A bit of learning, a bit of new libraries, and a great Richard Feldman video.
- Elm Weekly Drip #5 - A trove of useful information if you want to deep dive into understanding the core concepts behind Elm.
- Elm Weekly Drip #6 - A heavy focus on content from NoRedInk. Everything from code style suggestions to tools to help build JSON decoders.
- Elm Weekly Drip #7 - Structuring larger Elm apps, creating web components that use Elm internally, how languages can encourage productivity by being difficult, a blip on a Radar, and $$$$.
- Elm Weekly Drip #8 - Visualizing Elm Signals; an awesome elm sound toy; a comparison of component styles; Elm and Elixir; another Elm intro video; and an idea for disambiguating some union tags.
- Elm Weekly Drip #9 - Accidentally Concurrent, Fractal UI Patterns, Ray Tracing, Electron, the role of Effects and Tasks, and a discussion of producing Swift code from Elm (or not).
Html & CSS
Adam has over 19 years of software development experience, and has spent a good part of that educating new developers. He was previously CTO at inside.com and Development Director at Maxmedia . When Adam isn't coding, he is off hiking in Colorado mountains, or practicing some pretty fly martial arts. He thinks swords are cool.