I'm going to compile and post up an Elixir Users' Survey just like I did in 2014 and 2015 next week. Before I did that, I thought it would be a good idea to crowdsource the questions that people want answered in the survey.
The questions I asked last year are as follows:
- How many months have you been using Elixir?
- What was your primary language before getting interested in Elixir?
- How much do you anticipate using Elixir professionally in the next 12 months?
- What is your text editor preference?
- How would you rate your Elixir expertise?
- What are your thoughts on automated testing?
- Have you contributed open source code in the past year?
- What is your employment status?
- Which of these languages do you regularly use?
- Is Elixir your favorite programming language?
I'm interested in asking the following questions as well:
- What other languages do you want to spend time with this year? (I could really use some help compiling a list of answers here)
- What other BEAM languages are you interested in?
Post in the comments with any questions you would like asked in the survey. The goal is to get a broad overview of the community (I hope the existing questions bear that out) but I'm pretty dumb and I've certainly overlooked some questions or answers that should be represented in this year's survey.
Let's fix how dumb I am and get more value out of this year's survey! Excited to see the results this year after seeing how huge ElixirConf was!