This is the recording from the first ever Elm Remote Meetup by DailyDrip.
If you're interested in our other elm content, you can find it here.
There's no transcript of the video, but some important timestamps are as
- 00:00:00 - Pre-Game, in which Josh shows off some bad cartography.
- We also tried to gather some geographical data on attendees, but I haven't
yet had time to collect it into a nice map. Soon!
- 00:04:15 - An Introduction to WebGL, by Andrey Kuzmin
- 00:20:28 - Components For Managing Input and State, by Ossi Hanhinen
- 00:38:54 - Migrating From Elm 0.16 to 0.17, by Brian Hicks
- 01:07:30 - The Part Where We Ramble About Technical Issues, by Josh Adams
If you were wondering why we're doing a Remote Meetup in the first place,
I wrote a bit about that and about how we started it out.
Huge thanks to RemoteMeetup. We're partnered with
them and they provided access to the BigMarker tool that we're using to run this
meetup. We discuss all the technical issues at the end there, but in general
I'm still convinced that it was much better than it would have gone if we'd used
Hangouts Live and Slack. A big reason that people might not catch in the
discussion is that there's lag in that situation, which makes it basically
impossible to have a good experience interacting with the attendees.
Also a big thanks to Alexander Biggs. He was going to give a talk on
Architecture in Elm 0.17 but had technical difficulties that precluded him
from giving it - so that's a bit of a counter-point to the above paragraph eh?
I hope you enjoy it. If you do, the best thing you can do to help make sure we
can do these going forward in perpetuity is to subscribe to DailyDrip or tell a
friend about us that might be interested. :heart: