Elm Weekly Drip #13 and Exercise: Use Presence Metadata in Elm Phoenix Example [06.24.2016]
Strap in, we've got another substantial list of Elm-related (and occasionally
not-exactly-related) posts to dig into from the community. We'll cover a quick
vim function to stub out your main elm modules, an example of writing a full
site in Phoenix and Elm,
Parent<->Child communication, some metal, a bit of
F#, and yet another Elm game.
- A vim function for Main Elm file templates - from @hoelzro
- Writing a Full Site in Phoenix and Elm, by @diamondgfx
- Candy and Allowances: Parent-Child Communication in Elm - A fantastic and well-written example of
Parent<->Childcommunication in Elm by @brianhicks. This is all-too-realistic as a parent.
- this is....a different kind of list. It's a list of metal songs to code Elm to. Best commit by far is this one. Also, please take note of the way they modified the tangrams for the horns!
- F# Implementation of The Elm Architecture - by @AnthonyLloyd123
- Meta-Matic - An awesome post by @7sharpnine_exhumed on using metaprogramming to produce Elixir from F#. Not directly applicable to Elm, but he's in the community now doing awesome stuff so I wanted to highlight it! :) Also, it fit in nicely with the previous link.
- transcodegame - An elm point-and-click adventure game by the inimitable @krisajenkins
This week's exercise is to take what we've added to the
library and use it to represent users in the userlist as
knewter (2) where the
number at the end represents the number of metadata a given user has. Bonus if
you also list out the devices that a given user is connected from, ideally as a