Link time. This week: drive a browser with Elm; find a function by its type signature; write friendlier code; stalk a developer; Curry-Howard.
Evan's GitHub activity is a good way to keep up with what might be coming. Or a way to stalk him. Either way.
This week we implemented a variety of elm-mdl components, seeing Layout, List, Card, Menu, and Textfield. The text field in the chat interface is a little sad looking, as it doesn't use a Material component, and the content of the messages is a bit lackluster as well.
For this week's exercise:
- Switch the user input box to use Material.Textfield.
- Make the layout's header look more appropriate. Here's the example of how the elm-mdl demo does it.
- Implement the message box as a list of messages.
- Add badges to connected channels showing the count of unread messages.
- Bring in evancz/elm-markdown and render the text of the messages using it, for richer messaging.
- Make the chat card have a specified height so that it isn't growing as new messages come in.
Published on 08.14.2016